Suresh Gopi expresses regret over remarks against CM

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: Actor Suresh Gopi Sunday expressed regret for his derogatory remarks against Chief Minister Oommen Chandy in connection with the Aranmula Airport. The actor, who is in the USA now, said that he deeply regrets if his remarks had pained anyone.

The actor said that he never wanted to criticise the chief minister. I criticised for implementing projects without collecting sufficient details. I came to know that many including Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan wanted me to withdraw my statement.  I am expressing regret now as Ministers like Ramesh Chennithala or Aryadan Muhammed should not ask me to express my regret tomorrow.  

While speaking at a function, organised by Kerala Children's Literature Institute at Kollam, the actor had said that if the chief minister is not in the know of things, he should try to learn from knowledgeable people.

No comments: