I’ve not spoken to judges about Lavalin case, says VS


THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: I’ve not spoken to Justices H L Dattu and Bali in connection with the SNC Lavalin case, said opposition leader V S Achuthanandan.

Talking to reporters here, VS said Rajendran, who was my private secretary during the tenure of my chiefministership, is levelling allegations out of anger as he was ousted.

VS said, “Many including chief justices have come to meet me when I was the chief minister. Rajendran had assumed that they came to see me to discuss the Lavalin case. By doing this, he can enter into the good books of Pinarayi Vijayan. The people will understand everything.”

The kin of the victims of Kiliroor and Kaviyoor cases came to meet me as investigation was moving in a slow pace. I met the then union home minister Shivraj Patil to discuss about it and not about the Lavalin case.  

VS said, “I don’t have any relation with the litigation agent Nanda Kumar. Rajendran may have mistaken crime editor Nanda Kumar who is behind the Lavalin case as the other Nanda Kumar.”

No comments: