I was humiliated by offering ministership, says Chennithala


THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: The differences of opinion between Chief Minister Oommen Chandy and KPCC chief Ramesh Chennithala in connection with the re-organisation of the cabinet has turned worse. In an interview given to a English daily, Chennithala has harshly criticized Chandy.

Chennithala has openly stated that the relations between the party and the government will not be as before. There will not be any compromise anymore. Chandy can go his way and I will go my way.

Chennithala said, “I was humiliated by offering a ministership. They told me that a decision would be taken after Kerala Yatra. But by the end of it, I was approached again and again with pleas to join the cabinet. But now I understand that it was all done to humiliate me. I will not join the cabinet without the intervention of the high command. The re-entry of K B Ganesh Kumar will be opposed.”

Chennithala asked whether he had put any hurdles in the way of Chandy in running the government. Many including Chandy knows that I’m not behind a ministerial post. But at the last phase of the Kerala Yatra, they strongly forced me to join the cabinet. But all that was to humiliate me, he said.

The move to accommodate Ganesh Kumar into the cabinet came the next day Chandy offered me the home portfolio or the deputy chief minister post. This move of Chandy will be strongly opposed, said Chennithala. 

No comments: