Rajeev Pillai was with Sreesanth at time of arrest, says police

NEW DELHI: The police Tuesday informed the Delhi Saket Court that Rajeev Pillai, actor and player of Kerala Strikers Team of Celebrity Cricket League, was with S Sreesanth at the time of his arrest in the spot fixing case. The police told the court that it was Rajeev who informed Jiju Janardhanan, the arrest of Sreesanth as per our direction. Rajeev Pillai is a relative of Sreesanth.

Soon after the arrest of Sreesanth, Jiju asked one Abhishek Shukla to remove the things from the former’s room. It was after that Jiju appeared before the police. Abhishek was arrested this morning.

Meantime, Rajeev Pillai said that he went to Mumbai to act in a film and that he doesn’t have any relation with the bookies. I was with Sreesanth at the time of his arrest. I went for film discussions and the police left me when I told him that I am an actor. I called Jiju from my phone as per the instructions of the police, he said.

No comments: