Anthoor suicide: Flaws from Shyamala’s side, party cannot isolate anybody, says Jayarajan

KANNUR: P Jayarajan gives a definite message that the party has changed its attitude in the Anthoor suicide issue. The organizational principle of the CPM cannot be confined to any single activist. What I was in the CPM earlier is what I am now. The intention of the right is to suppress me. There is no need for dissatisfaction within the party over my popularity, Jayarajan said in an interview to a weekly.

There were lapses from the side of municipality in giving sanction to the convention centre of Sajan Parayil, a NRI businessman and it should be accepted. Party is different and functioning of local bodies are different. P K Shyamala is responsible as municipality chairperson. She failed to perform her responsibilities and she should accept it, he said.

I am not a representative, but as a district secretary of the CPM, I enquired why permission was not given for the convention centre. When inquired, it was found that there was a violation of the building code. Naturally, the proposal to regularize it was put before the municipality. That is how the joint inspection was called for. Even then, the delay made him sad and so he had to take the extreme step. The party need not be dissatisfied with my involvement. As a party activist, I intervened in the affairs of the party and it is not beyond the party, he said.

No comments: