I'll go one day, not to ask for anything but just to see her, says Sajan's wife

KANNUR: The family of NIR businessman Sajan, who had committed suicide after he failed to get permission for his newly constructed Convention Centre, had come out with serious allegations against Anthoor Municipality chairman P K Shyamala.

On Monday, Sajan’s wife Beena talked to media emotionally.

“Even if Mrs P K Shyama doesn’t give me permission, I’ll go to see her. I’ll go… not to ask anything from her but just to see her…” she told media, with tears welling up in her eyes. Sajan’s Nigeria-based friends Sreekumar Nair and his wife were also with her.

“My husband had told me there was no point in myself going and meeting Shyamala, as a woman. That is why I didn’t go. We conducted only the house-warming ceremony and only a few people took part in it. No relatives were to be seen at the Convention centre. Sajan wished to hold the marriage of his uncle’s children at the Centre. The marriage has been fixed for the next month. But he feared whether he would get the sanction of the Municipality by that time,” Beena said.


Sreekumar Nair, who had worked with Sajan in Nigeria for the past 15 years, said Nigeria is a country that encouraged entrepreneurs. “If he had opened this convention centre in Nigeria, President Muhammadu Buhari himself would have reached his house to congratulate him.

But Sajan’s dream was to spend his hard-earned money in his own country. In Nigeria also, there is bribery but if we give them a bribe, they will not delay permission,” he said.

No comments: