Attempt was made to abduct me…thank God, my papa's friend aborted it: Rimi Tomy

Singer and anchor Rimi Tomy has come out with a startling revelation that during her childhood, an attempt was made to abduct her. “Thank God! I just escaped as my father’s friend saw it,” Rimi recounted this in her usual flamboyant style on the dais of a TV channel reality show.

Rimi was prompted to say this when a contestant in the reality show rendered a song in the film ‘Kakkotukavile Appoppan Thadikal’.

She said she had an experience in her life similar to the storyline of the film. ‘I was literally caught and taken away…but unfortunately for my family, I was taken back home…” she said in a lighter vein.

“It happened when we were staying in Ooty. My papa was in the military service. I was playing in the front courtyard of my house. That time, a beggar came there.

Silently he called me and I started walking behind him. When we were standing in a waiting shed, my papa’s friends saw me. He recognized me and took me back home. Believe me, the beggar was getting ready to pack me up in a sack and take me away…” she narrated.

No comments: