CPM will be responsible for my death, says M M Lawrence’ daughter

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: I was terminated from service after my son participated in the Sabarimala protests organised by the BJP, said Asha Lawrence, daughter of senior CPM leader M M Lawrence. The letter sent to the chief minister mentioned that she was terminated from the contract job of SIDCO. She said that she was punished for her son taking part in the protests. She said the party will be responsible if she and her son end their lives finding no way to live. She said that after losing her job, she had met the industries minister but the response was scornful.

There will be no women empowerment if women wall is raised all over the state. A secured life and basic facilities are needed for a person like me. My job was a support for me and now the government had toppled it, she mentioned in the letter. If the party has decided not to allow a single woman and her son to live alone, the chief minister should correct it.

No comments: