Party to decide my resignation, says P C George

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM:  Chief Whip P C George has retracted his statement made yesterday and said it is not the chief minister who has to resign, but the home minister on the basis of the Kerala High Court observations.

The court’s sharp criticism was not against the chief minister but against the police which comes under the home department. So Home Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan should resign, George told reporters.

George said, “My resignation will be decided by the party and KPCC chief Ramesh Chennithala. I informed my willingness to resign after the statements made by P T Thomas, but the party chairman asked me not to do that. P T Thomas is leveling baseless allegations against me. He has a grudge towards me as I talk for the farmers. His attitude is not as that of the Congress, he is just a party activist.”

George said Chandy has not asked me to resign. A caucus wants the chief minister to go. He should realize that. I said that I would have resigned if I was in his place after seeing the mental strain of the chief minister.

In reply to a question he said that he hasn’t spoken to CPM state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan in the last ten years.

No comments: