Actress Ananya competing in state archery championship 2012

It's been five years since actress Ananya pursued a passion close to heart in all seriousness. The two-time state archery champion let go her interest in the sport following a busy career in films and a freak accident five years ago. But St Albert's ground in Kochi might as well see the rebirth of the champion in her today, as she steps in to represent Ernakulam district in the State Archery Championship.


"Am I tanned beyond recognition?" the actress says in a funny vein as she takes a break from the practice sessions. Ananya, who was shooting for her third Telugu flick, director Raghevendra Rao's Intintaa Annamayya, off Vizag, decided to try her luck at the sport when she had a few days at hand back home in Kochi before the next schedule commences. For the past few days, Ananya was seen practising for her event in Kochi. "I wonder if my film's crew will question who I am when I'm back on the sets! It was difficult initially; especially since I haven't been practising regularly after I fell off a scooter five years ago and hurt my hand. And then, more recently, I fractured my elbow on the other hand in another freak accident on the sets of my film, Nadodimannan. Nevertheless, I wanted to participate," Ananya tells us, adding, "Though, I won't be disappointed if I don't win a medal, for I'm quite sure that all the participants have been training hard and for long now. All I want is to give it a try."

Incidentally, while her beau Anjaneyan has been her pillar of support, he hasn't been going to her practice sessions. "I did go initially; and even tried a hand at the sport. The bow was much heavier than what I thought it to be! But then, her coach told me that when I'm around, she's losing focus," he says with a laugh. "So I decided to stay away for good."

So will he give the final event today a miss? "I don't know actually. If Ananya is comfortable having me around, I'll only be too happy to witness her performing her best at the championship."

No comments: