Ann in Ranjith’s new movie Leela


Director Ranjith’s soon-to-begin ‘Leela’ will see actress Ann Augustine playing yet another character where she plays the title role. Incidentally, her debut, director Lal Jose’s ‘Elsamma Enna Aankutty’, also had her essaying the title role. Leela is a heroine-centric film based on R Unni’s story.

“The film has been getting postponed for some time now as the director was busy with his other commitments. However, we’ve tentatively decided to start the shoot of Leela in January,” says Ann, who’s thrilled to be part of a film by Ranjith, one the most popular filmmakers of the present times. “I’ve known him since childhood as my father’s friend (Ann is the daughter of actor Augustine); in fact, he’s the one who gave me my pet name, Vicky. However, this is the first time I’ll be acting in his flick. Yes, I’m excited to the core!”

No comments: