If I didn't get into films, I’d drive a taxi: Amitabh Bachchan

I have always wondered why these years are made a landmark. And, who makes them a landmark? It is just another year in someone's life. Why is 70 special; why not 71, 72 or 69, for that matter? Of course, I know that for some reason these ages 50, 60, 70, 75, 80 are given designations. Never mind the fuss, today I'm 70.
Happy Birthday, Amitji
I thought the Filmfare-Madhuri talent contest was the very fair and proper way of getting into the film industry. I was unaware of the Film & Television Institute of India (FTII) and of the fact that if you passed out from there, you would get at least a formal audition in the film industry. But because I was not aware of the FTII, I always wondered how one got into films. Not that I had any intention of getting into the movies, but I used to generally wonder how this happened. When I saw the Filmfare-Madhuri print ad, I felt this was the proper way to get into the film industry. It would get me a chance to audition for a screen test; put me on a salary. Of course, I got rejected. And then, I just made up my mind that I had to be in the movies. So I landed up in Mumbai with my driving licence. I hoped that if I didn't get into films, then I would drive a taxi.



No comments: