Solar: Police asked me not to name CM, says Sreedharan Nair

KOCHI: In the Solar scam case, the complainant Mallelil Sreedharan Nair has come out in the open with scathing criticism against Chief Minister Oommen Chandy. 

“The investigating police officers had asked me to avoid the chief minister’s name in my statements. This happened in the initial phase of the investigation. The police put forward this demand while recording secret statements at Chengannoor DySP office. Later, whatever I had to say ended up in revelations on Joeppen,” he confessed before the judicial commission probing the case.  

He said, several political leaders had approached him for arriving at a compromise. “It is not possible to reveal their names. I’m now undergoing undesired consequences of giving statements against the chief minister. An application forwarded, seeking environmental sanction to begin a quarry was rejected,” Sreedharan Nair added. 

No comments: