PC George justifies his letter to President

 
Monday, September 12, 2011: Justifying his stand on writing to President Pratibha Devisingh Patil demanding action against a special vigilance court in Thiruvanthapurm, Kerala government Chief whip PC George today said that he wrote the letter as a citizen of India and not in his official status. He was speaking to the mediapersons in Kochi.
”I am sticking to my stand about writing letter to the President on the issue, as I wrote the letter as a citizen of India and not in my official capacity as a MLA or chief whip,” he said.
The letter to the Supreme Court about the vigilance judge was not pointing out legal remedy on the issue, but citing administrative remedy to the issue, he added.
”I do believe that my remarks were legally correct and nothing wrong and I am sticking to that,” he said.

No comments: