Minister post not in dreams: Muraleedharan


Thiruvananthapuram: K Muraleedharan, MLA, former KPCC president opined the ministers in the present Chandy cabinet should be allowed to complete their full term. Participating in the 'Point Blank' programme of Asianet News Mr Muraleedharan said he believes the duty of all Congress workers including him is to ensure the present ministers are provided with an atmosphere to complete their full term.

The former KPCC president stated he is against any unwanted reshuffle in the cabinet. On asked if he thinks of getting accommodated in the cabinet at a later stage by reshuffle, Mr Muraleedharan was quick to answer he does not nurture any such dreams. “ The people of my constituency has put some hope on me and trust me. They did not wont for me thinking I would be PM one day. The wanted a representative who would be with them always and care for their needs. I am set to prove that way”.
Mr Muraleedharan explained he never had any complaints over being excluded from the Chandy cabinet. “ I should have been consulted as a former KPCC president. I have no other grievances”. When asked who is behind the negligence showered upon him, Mr Muraleedharan stated “ I don't want to break the present equations by naming any persons”. He how ever added the reason for the neglect is still unclear for him.
“ Things has changed a lot now. I am a member of the liaison committee formed to co-ordinate the functions of the government and the party. The committee is an important one. I am satisfied” - said the former KPCC president.
On asked about not being part of the list presented by Ramesh Chennithala, KPCC president and Oommen Chandy, CM before the high command as minister probables, Mr Muraleedharan tried to defend it saying “ May be both of them may have wished not to deny a chance for a loyal by naming me, who does is a neutral personality” “I came back to the party pledging not to commit past mistakes come what may. I will remain loyal to the party. You can label it as a surrender, but I am not to the old path.
Mr Muraleedharan clarified there are no issues between him and Ramesh Chennithala, KPCC supremo. “ We use to talk with each other and discuss things”. On asked if Mr Chennithala should move out as KPCC president, owing responsibility to the off-colour performance of Congress in the assembly polls, Murali said he does not think so. “ Ramesh has got three more years to complete his term. There are many people holding dual posts now. They should be changed and a new team should be installed for KPCC. Ramesh should be provided with a chance to work with the new team”.
He ruled out the chances of giving new life to the old 'I' faction, clarifying the organizations in the name of Mr K Karunakaran are working with the full knowledge of KPCC and functions of these organizations are prior discussed with the KPCC leader

No comments: