Bar scam: Telephonic conversation among P C George, Pillai, Biju Ramesh out

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: The telephonic conversations among Bar Association Working President Biju Ramesh, who had made allegation against Finance Minister K M Mani in the bar scam case,   Government Chief Whip P C George and Kerala Congress B leader R Balakrishna Pillai have come out. The telephonic talks have taken place on November 1 and 2.  
Biju and George talked over phone on November 2. Biju said that he was calling George as per the latter’s instruction, which was passed through another person.  

The Conversation between Biju Ramesh and George goes thus

Biju: Hello I’m Biju Ramesh speaking.
Geroge: Hello Biju I was about to call you. We should meet soon.
Biju: When?
George: I f you come over to Eerattupettah on fourth or fifth of this month, we could meet.     
Biju: Sorry I would be in Thiruvananthapuram on those days
Ramesh: Brother (George), you know the allegation I made against Mani Sir is true.
To this, George laughs.
George: But, You know I’m a Kerala Congress man and in public I would be with Mani Sir, Any way we shall meet in person…

Balakrishna Pillai called up Biju Ramesh on November 1O November 

Pillai: Hello. Biju I’m suffering from leg pain… I know what is going on.     
Pillai : I had brought bar scam to CM’s notice and at that time he was sitting with his chin resting on his palm. Rs 15 crore was collected from bar owners. Rs 2-3 lakh was collected from each bar owner. I know that. Since you have raised the allegation, you yourself should demand for a CBI inquiry. You should not backtrack from the case. I can arrange advocate.   
Biju: By the way, Bakery owners had told me that Rs 2 crore was taken from them
Pillai: I also hear that Mani took Rs 19 crore from jewelleries. Rs 2 crore was taken from mill owners who supplied processed rice to Civil Supplies Corporation. First they bargained for Rs 50 lakh, then for Rs 1 crore and finally he agreed on Rs 2 core.  

No comments: