Woman commits suicide in bid to support Hazare


NEW DELHI:  A woman committed suicide by hanging herself in her house at Miraj, Sangli in a bid to support Anna Hazare's Lokpal Bill.

33-year-old Shubhangi Karande was found dead after her children, relatives and neighbours opened the door only to find her dead.


“I am committing suicide for the demand of redeeming the country from corruption. The poor are starving, which I cannot see. They do not get adequate wages. Even in private companies, wages are low and dearness is increasing. I can eat and survive on jawar from the farm. But those who have no farmland are suffering pangs of starvation. The poor have dreams that they will meet their requirements after they get employment. But even for getting employment, money is demanded. From where will they get money?

Anna Hazare is on fast but the Government is not responding. What then should be done? I am doing this for the society and my family members should not feel sorry for this. Let the government realize that such a deed of a woman will reduce inflation and my brothers and sisters will have a happy life. My husband should marry again and keep my children happy with love and care,” read her suicide note.

The woman is survived by her husband, Vinayak Karande, who works as a fabricator in factory in Miraj and 13-year-old daughter Monika and 10-year-old son Ganesh.

No comments: