MPs’ path is bed of thorns: Innocent

KOCHI: Innocent, an actor and the Left independent MP from Chalakkudy has said he knew that an MP’s path is not a bed of roses but a bed of thorns. Talking to media persons at Ernakulam Press Club he said, “Whether I am an MP or minister, my character will not change.”

“It is said that to speak out in Parliament one needs to know Hindi. But I don’t see it as a big thing. My film colleague Paresh Raval will be there in the Parliament as a BJP MP. Even then speaking Hindi will be an added advantage,” he said and added in a humorous tone that he had come to learn from others that an MP can also survive in the Parlimaent with Malayalam.

When asked about row over Human Resource Development Smrithi Irani’s educational qualification he quipped: When we talk about that she and I will  come under the same category.

No comments: