THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: Fire was spotted in the godown of a garment shop in front of Padmanabha Swamy temple, causing alarm in the area as it comes under high security zone. Firemen are toiling hard to put out the fire.
The fire is said to have spread from an iron box and short-circuit is said to be the reason for the fire. No casualty was reported as the employees were not inside the go down but fire has been raging even after two hours. The fire which broke out at the Richmond uniform housed in Rajadhani buildings at 3 pm started spreading to other shops by 5 pm.