Congress high command to take final decision on list, says Sudheeran

NEW DELHI: The party high command will take a final decision on the candidates list, said KPCC chief V M Sudheeran. There is no change in the directions forwarded to the high command over the selection of candidates. The high command had paid heed on everyone’s opinions. I hope the high command will take an appropriate decision, he told reporters here.

I don’t have any hostility towards any person or persons. I forwarded some suggestions for the good of the party. The congress activists even if they oppose are entitled to accept the final decision once the list is announced. As the chief of the KPCC, I am entitled to execute the decision of the high command. The polls in the state are crucial as the party has to be strengthened at the national level. I tried to prepare the list by including the best candidates of winnability.  I also tried to include new faces, he said.

A delay in announcing the list is not good. The candidates can begin their campaigning only if it is announced. The high command is likely to announce the list soon. The party is moving forward with the aim of a second term. The priority of the UDF is to seek the people’s mandate against CPM’s politics of violence and BJP’s communal politics, he said.

My name will not be there in the list to be announced by the high command. I had informed my stand not to contest the polls to AICC general secretaries Mukul Wasnik and Ghulam Nabi Azad soon after the end of my Janaraksha Yatra.   

In reply to a question, he said T N Prathapan MLA has not written a letter for Kaipamangalam seat. There is nothing wrong in Muslim League interfering in the problems of the congress as they are an integral part of the UDF, he said.

No comments: