Not right to partake in public meet for being ‘anti-party’, says VS

ALAPPUZHA: Opposition leader V S Achuthanandan will not attend the public meet being held in the district Monday marking the culmination of the CPM state meet. The leader informed this through a press release.  

The press release says that it is not right to attend the party state meeting in the wake of the resolution of the party secretariat against me for being anti-party and indiscipline. Though the leader had informed that he would meet the media at 11 am today, a press release was issued by him at the last minute.  

The release says, “I came to know that some untrue statements included in the organisational report of the CPM state meet have been removed. I hope the remaining part would also be removed.

Likewise, three party members have been sentenced to life imprisonment after the court found them guilty in the T P Chandrasekharan murder case. I’ve been continuously requesting action. The party took action against one due to the intervention of the central leadership. No action was taken against the other two and not only that the others were given posts in party committees. I had requested to expel them from the party and to remove the stain the party sustained.

I am not attending the party state meeting as the resolution of the state secretariat against me still exists. I’ve informed party general secretary Prakash Karat my helplessness to attend the meeting in writing.

No comments: