Have not tried to influence Saritha: Thampanoor Ravi

KOCHI: Congress leader Thampanoor Ravi has said he has neither met Solar scam accused Saritha S Nair in person nor talked to her directly. “As I am a public worker, many people call me over phone and I answer those calls,” Ravi deposed before the Solar Commission on Tuesday.

The telephonic conversation between Saritha and Ravi had already been aired by news channels.  

“It was Saritha who had called me and I had never tried to influence her. I have not asked her to give statements in favour of the chief minister. Nor have I assured her help in the case against her if she gave statements favouring the chief minister. I have also not talked to Fenny Balakrishnan who was Saritha’s advocate but I have known him as an advocate,” he said.

But the Commission later disclosed the fact that Thampanoor Ravi had talked to Saritha 507 times over the phone. The call was made from Saritha’s three phone numbers. The Commission also said it was in possession of evidence of the calls Sairtha had made between December 15 and June 29.

No comments: