KPAC Lalitha withdraws from fray, cites health problems

THRISSUR: Actress KPAC Lalitha has withdrawn from the Wadakkancherry Assembly constituency where she was portrayed as the CPM candidate. She has informed her decision to the party leadership. She conveyed her decision to the reporters who came to her house Monday morning. She cited serious health problems for the withdrawal. She told reporters that she was informed about the candidature by CPM state secretary Kodiyeri Balakrishnan when she was in Pune.

I did not oppose then. I reached the state only yesterday. I respect, love and honour the communist party and so I did not oppose when Kodiyeri contacted me. When I reached the state, I cannot even stand for an hour. I have pains on my legs and has a problem in walking, she said.

No comments: