Expected State Award: M Jayachandran

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: National award winning Music Director M Jayachandran has said he had expected state award for his song Kathirunnu Kathirunnu in the film Ennu Ninte Moideen. “But the declaration of the award didn’t anguish me as my friend and a good music director got the award. Thank God the jury including Sharat gave the award not to one who does gimmicks on the keyboard,” said Jayachandran at a meet-the-press program at Press Club here.    

“The song is about ten year’s wait of Kanchanamala. As soon as the tune started taking shape in my mind, I decided to bring in the word Kathirunnu into the song. I mentioned this to lyricist Rafeeq Ahammed. There are three factors for the success of the song: one is Rafeeq’s lyircs, the second is its music and the third is Shreya Goshal’s rendering,” he said.

Jayachandran said Prithviraj had asked him to compose songs for the film. The actor had also informed him that Ramesh Narayan had already composed certain songs for the film. “Then I told him that I would redo his song only with his permission. I did Kathirunnu with the permission of Rameshji,” he said.

Jayachandran said he did not know that Gopi Sundar had been invited to do the background score. He had no complaints about it and his background score was beautiful.

“When a singer is selected, what is considered is his or her ability to render a song in the best possible way. Neither the singer’s language nor caste is any creterion,” he added.    

No comments: