It’s LDF’s payment seat in Poonjar, says P C George

KOTTAYAM: The decision of the LDF to give the Poonjar assembly constituency to Democratic Kerala Congress is a payment choice, alleged P C George. Addressing the media, he said persons like Faris Aboobacker and Chakku Radhakrishnan are behind it.

George said, I’ll contest from Poonjar. Nominations will be filed on April 22. Though a section of the CPM cheated me, I will contest from there as some Left activists want me as their candidate. CPM, CPI local branch area committee leaders and activists had announced their support. I started campaigning following CPM district secretary V N Vasavan’s assurance. I cannot withdraw again. As I am with the people of Poonjar on all 365 days, no special campaigning is needed. I don’t think they will desert me.

Democratic Kerala Congress don’t even have a panchayat member in Poonjar. My party has many panchayat members. The LDF contested with the support of our party and got members including district panchayat member.

Leaders of the Democratic Kerala Congress have so far not uttered a word against Oommen Chandy and P J Joseph. There were in the forefront to protect Oommen Chandy’s corrupt government. The candidate of the Democratic Kerala Congress contesting against me is a sponsored candidate. I don’t know who it is but I am trying to learn it. I had earlier stated that the LDF will not cheat me. LDF convenor Vaikkom Viswan said they have not cheated me. I am not replying for it now, he said.

No comments: