It’s good that film stars contest elections: Adoor

KOCHI: Film director Adoor Gopalakrishnan has said that it is good thing that film stars come out in the public to contest elections. But those who contest should have appropriate political approach and backgrounds. He said this at the press conference held today to announce the new film he is going to direct with Dileep and Kavya Madhavan in leading roles.

“Persons from all walks of life including the cinema field can enter politics if they have some political leaning. Even engineers and doctors can contest elections. We can’t find fault with that. Director Ramu Kariat has been elected as an MLA. K B Ganesh Kumar was also able to shine as a minister. Those who are interested can follow his footsteps. But in my case, I am not game for politics. Nobody has approached me to join politics or contest elections. Even if somebody asks me, I shall not. I want to remain in my field…,” Adoor said.

No comments: