It’s not my family temple; allegation smacks of conspiracy: Jayarajan

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: Former Minister E P Jayarajan has denied the allegation that he had written to the Forest minister, asking for the free supply of teak wood for the construction of flag mast.

“Iranikkavu temple mentioned in the allegation is not my family temple. It is under Devaswom board. I just handed over the letter that was given to me by temple authorities to the forest minister. Allegations of this kind raised against me are part of a big conspiracy. It is nothing but character assassination. Criticism is good but character assassination is not acceptable. In my childhood days I had gone to this temple to learn swimming in the temple pond. Other than this, I have no connection with the temple,” he explained.

Meanwhile, Iranikkavu Chuzhali Devi temple representatives confirmed that the temple was not Jayarajan’s family temple. “The temple comes under Malabar Devaswom board. The temple is located next to Jayarajan’s ancestral property. We had met Jayarajan and given him a letter regarding the renovation of the temple,” they added.

No comments: