Oppn was baying for my blood, says Jayarajan

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: The opposition UDF was baying for my blood on the allegations of nepotism against him, said former minister E P Jayarajan. I am ready to give my blood, he made a special statement in the assembly according to rule 64 after tendering his resignation. Appointments were made in the industries department as per norms and from the panel of Restructuring and Internal Audit Board (RIAB).  Though Sudheer Nambiar was appointed, he had sought more time to join. The appointment was cancelled in order to avoid disruption of administration, he said.

Public sector organizations were in a bad shape when I took over the industries department. I first tried to study about the messy industries. I took steps as there was an attempt to ruin public sector organizations.

Those who were at the helm of the industrial sector were in a situation to discontinue it. Malabar Cements is an example for it. I shifted the heads of organizations including KINFRA for their cordial relations with the mafias. This disturbed them. However, I don’t think they are behind the action against me, he said. KSIE is not a big organization, it is only a body of head load workers. Sudheer’s appointment was legal and he was appointed for three months. Appointments in public sector organizations don’t have a special panel. The government can appoint anyone. Deepthi was appointed in a leave vacancy, he said.

Jayarajan harshly criticized the media. They celebrated the appointment controversy and my resignation. The media had not made news like this even when Indira Gandhi died. They worked for the mafias to loot industries, he said.

No comments: