Jayarajan ready to step down

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: Minister E P Jayarajan involved on charges of nepotism expressed his willingness to step down from the cabinet. He expressed his desire to quit when he met party state secretary Kodiyeri Balakrishnan the other day. Lapses have occurred and would resign from the ministry if the party asks me to do so, he said. However, Kodiyeri had asked him not to take any hasty decision.

I am expressing my desire to resign as I don’t want to put the government under pressure. I am wholly responsible for appointing some of my relatives in key posts. When it sparked a controversy, the appointments were cancelled. However, as I don’t want to tarnish the image of the government, I am expressing my desire to step down, he said.

Meantime, Kodiyeri said a final decision would be taken at the state secretariat to be convened tomorrow. He directed Jayarajan not to take any decision till then.

No comments: