I’m not involved in Delco land deal, says James Mathew MLA

KANNUR: The allegations levelled against me in connection with the land deal of co-operative organisation Delco is totally baseless, said CPM Taliparambu MLA James Mathew. Addressing the media, he said that he had resigned the chairman post of the organisation in 2006.

James Mathew came forward with an explanation after Raju, a native of Andhra Pradesh, alleged that the former snatched Rs 75 lakhs from him promising to give land at Kakkad in Kannur. I deposited the money in the account directed by James Mathew, Raju had revealed the other day.

James Mathew said, “Five persons including me intervened to solve the problems in the land deal. I interfered as those involved in the deal approached me, but I have never mediated on the issue. There is also no proof for the money given.”

No comments: