K Babu withdraws resignation

KOCHI: Minister K Babu has withdrawn his decision to resign as Excise Minister. He said on Saturday that it was not his personal decision but party’s decision and he was accepting it. He informed this at a press conference held on Saturday.   

“I resigned following the Thrissur Vigilance court order but it became inapplicable with the high court stay on the Vigilance court order. Not only that, my decision was influenced by the Congress party and the UDF. I shall continue as an ordinary party worker and won’t make any annoyance to the Congress or UDF,” the minister said.  

Babu said he was thankful for the UDF-Congress support and the trust they had in him. He explained: “I am obliged to be subservient to the UDF. As personal decision became irrelevant, I decided to return to the ministry. As you all know, I tendered my resignation as soon as the Vigilance court order came out. After announcing my resignation at Press Club, I went to my Thripunnithura house in my private car. I had sent back the State car after removing the name board and beacon lights. I also gave a send-off party to my department staff. My wish was to spend the rest of my official term looking after the affairs of my constituency. But I had given application for allotment of MLA hostel and a Private Assistant. Many supported me when I resigned. I was not in a hurry to return as minister. And, I don’t need the image which the CM doesn’t want”.

No comments: