Thursday, January 14, 2016

SC rejects Nisham’s plea in Chandrabose murder case

NEW DELHI: The Supreme Court Thursday rejected the plea of Muhammed Nisham, accused of murdering security employee Chandrabose with his luxury Hummer, seeking a stay in the case.  Rejecting the plea, the court said new evidences cannot be considered as the trial is in the last phase.

If the verdict in the case is against him, then he can question it in the higher court, the court said.

The court had earlier rejected his demand seeking a three-month extension of the trial. Following that, he later filed a fresh plea demanding a stay. He demanded a stay pointing that the disc produced by the prosecution against him should be subjected for a scientific examination. However, the court said they cannot consider again any new evidences again.

The final trial of the case is being held in Thrissur. Chandrabose sustained serious injuries after hit by the drummer on January 29 in 2015. He later succumbed to the injuries. 

No comments: