Babu rejects allegations of Benami deals

KOCHI: Former Minister and Congress leader K Babu told media persons today that he didn’t have any kind of benami deals or business partnership either in India or other countries.

“The raids was conducted by the Vigilance as part of political vendetta and I will face it legally,” he said in Kochi even as raids were going on in his and his relatives’ houses.

The Congress leader denied the allegation that he owns land in Theni. “The land in Theni was bought by my son-in-law’s father. This deal took place even before my daughter’s marriage.

“I don’t know the person who is said to be my benami. I know Babu Ram as a Youth Congress man. The amount seized from my home is the amount kept for my family’s day-to-day expenses. What is mentioned in the FIR is baseless. It is part of the attempt to disgrace me. If the Vigilance succeeds in finding any illegal asset, I am ready to give it to the government. Benz car worth 45 lakhs was bought through car loan and the loan is being paid back,” he said.

No comments: