Thiruvanchoor was not shifted due to his inefficiency, says Chennithala

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: Ramesh Chennithala, the newly sworn in minister said Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan, who was the home minister, was not shifted due to his inefficiency. Talking to reporters in the secretariat after swearing in, Chennithala said Thiruvanchoor had showed his efficiency in all the departments handled.   

Chennithala said Thiruvanchoor should be praised for handling the home department so well in the past one and a half years. One cannot say that he was shifted for his inefficiency. How can I say that everything will turn out well with my induction? A decision on the portfolios is taken by the high command and the chief minister, he said.

Chennithala said the chief minister had invited me to join the cabinet twice before. But I was interested to lead the party. The high command now directed me to join the cabinet and I am just obeying that. I don’t have any personal interests beyond party’s decision. I will take over any post the party insists and similarly I am ready to relinquish it if the party demands.
I’m happy to have inducted into the cabinet. I express my gratitude to the chief minister. I will move forward executing the wishes of the people, government and the party. My priority would be to protect the interests of the people.

I will try to preserve the confidence of the people and will work in an impartial manner. My aim is to strengthen the government and my full support will be there for it. I had served as a minister for a year when I was 27 in the K Karunakaran ministry in 1986. I am fortunate now to become a minister after a gap of nearly 27 years, said Chennithala.

The problems with Kerala Congress (B) chairman R Balakrishna Pillai will be sorted out.  Pillai is a senior leader of the UDF. In reply to a question, Chennithala said that Pillai was invited for the swearing in. Differences of opinion are quite natural and everything will be solved.

No comments: