KOTTAYAM: Transport Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan has said decision regarding the reduction of private bus fares on the lines of the reduction of KSRTC ordinary bus fares would be taken in the next week.
He said the government had asked the private bus owners to reduce the fares proportionately to the reduction effected in KSRTC bus fares. “The decision will be taken within February 25 and we presume the private bus operators will heed to our demand,” the minister said.
KSRTC ordinary bus charges had been brought down to Rs 6 from Rs 7. The new fares will come into existence from March 1. All fares of ordinary buses will come down by Rs 1.