I'm not there to contest: Srinivasan

KANNUR: Malayalam’s popular star Srinivsan has said he is not game for contesting in the coming Assembly elections. “There has been an extensive campaign that I would be contesting the election. It is widely rumoured that I would be fielded as a CPM candidate. Nobody has talked to me about my candidature,” Sreenivasan told Kerala Kaumudi and clarified that even if some political party forced him, he would not budge.   

In the run up to the election, Left-Right Fronts are trying their level best to field prominent Malayalam cine actors. There are hints that actor Siddique will be Congress candidate and Mukesh, the CPI candidate. And, the BJP is planning to project Suresh Gopi as one of their candidates.

This time, election campaigns will also be noted for its unusual presence of film stars.

Meanwhile, Srinivasan gave clarification to his decision: I have decided to keep off the poll fray not because I am distanced from political parties or because I have lost interest in politics. I have a lot other things to do in life and my political entry will come in its way.

No comments: