Devaswom Board bans weapons training on temple premises

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: Devaswom Board president Prayar Gopalakrishnan has said weapons training will not be allowed on temple premises. “The Devaswom board hopes for peace and not violence on temple premises. Earlier also, the board had given instructions against holding weapon training at the temple surroundings,” he said.

“Since I took charge as the Devaswom board president, I have not received complaint about arms training at temples. If I get complaint, I shall ask for inquiry into it. However, I have not discussed the matter with the Devaswom board minister,” he said.     
Earlier, Devaswom board minister Kadakampally Surendran had said that the government would not allow converting temples into armouries. RSS meetings also would not be allowed on temple premises. He also added that strict action would be taken against those who tried to disturb peaceful atmosphere at temples.

No comments: