My suggestion on Onam celebrations had good intention, says CM

NEW DELHI: Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan has said he was not against Onam celebrations in government offices and what he suggested was to avoid laying of Attapookalam (flower carpets) during office hours. He also asked media persons not to convolute his words.

The chief minister said this during a press conference today at New Delhi.  

“During Onam, there are many holidays. Employees can go for shopping during that time. Vendors usually visit government offices during Onam time and this affects the work. What I said was, this should be avoided,” Pinaryi explained.

Pinaryi said he was not imitating anyone. “There is nothing new about my radio talk on the occasion of the LDF  government’s 100 days. Earlier also, such programmes were conducted when elections approached. I have not tried to imitate Prime Minister Narendra Modi. In 1996, I had been a minister for two years. You should compare those days with current days in my office,” he told media persons.

No comments: