I never wanted to come back as minister, says Babu

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: I never wanted to come back as a minister, said K Babu. I’m taking over the ministership as per the request of the party, he said.  Talking to reporters at his official residence Kaveri before taking over the ministership, he said that he had stated earlier that he is not keen in clinging to the post.

Babu said, “I submitted my resignation before filing a plea at the Kerala High Court. Many who loves me were happy after the resignation was offered. The court verdict has proved that I’ve not done anything wrong. The chief minister did not hand over the resignation to the governor as he may have understood things after consulting legal experts. I want to complete some work which I have started specially the Kannur Airport. I hope by February mid planes will be able to land here.

There is a conspiracy behind Saritha’s present allegations. Bar owners are behind it.She is levelling fresh allegations. The UDF has demanded a probe on it. I’ve always worked as a common man.I had stayed in a flat before shifting to the official residence.The rent for the two-bed flat was Rs 14,000 and employees including my gunman stayed in it.So, I don’t feel any difference afterlosing my ministership, he said.

Babu reached the capital city Monday early morning at 2 am from Ernakulam. He held talks with officials of various departments.

No comments: