CM showing double standard, says VS

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: Opposition leader V S Achuthanandan alleged that Chief Minister Oommen Chandy has double standard in taking action against the opposition MLAs.

The ruling Dushasanas behaved indecently when the chief minister and home minister were in the assembly. A case for sexual harassment should be charged against the ruling MLAs for misbehaving with women MLAs.  The opposition leader said this while addressing the media along with women MLAs including Jameela Prakasham.

VS criticized Speaker N Sakthan for the whole incident. My statement termed unparliamentary can be removed only from assembly documents but truth always remains in the minds of the people.  

VS later read the speech delivered in the assembly. The speaker had warned the media from publishing it. VS criticized the UDF for their applause soon after the budget was presented just like winning a boat race. The speaker should clarify on what grounds laddu was distributed in the assembly.

Insulted in front of CM, says Jameela Prakasham

Opposition MLA Jameela Prakasham on Tuesday said she bit Congress member K Sivadasan Nair because he grabbed her from behind during the turmoil in the assembly last week.

Jameela, who came under widespread criticism in the social media for biting Nair on March 13, defended her aggression.

"If people see the visuals (of the house proceedings) carefully, they will know it was Nair who came behind me and attacked me," she said.

"He first hit me with his knee, then he wriggled closer to me and used his hands to grab me. I told him, 'Please leave me. Otherwise I will bite (you). He said you can bite, and I bit him," said Prakasham.

She accused Nair and two other senior Congress legislators, Dominic Presentation and Benny Behanan, of attacking her. This, she said, was done to "please" Chief Minister Oommen Chandy.

"This was happening right in front of the chief minister. He was a witness to the physical attack on me," she said.

"He says we can sit together and watch the recording. I ask him to bring his wife and children also to watch the recording," said Prakasham.

Nair told the media that the lady legislator was not speaking the truth.

"It's only now they talk about misbehaviour. I will also now come out and show the entire visuals because I want to challenge the allegations," he said.

No comments: