Conspiracy against Kerala Congress (M), inquiry report won’t be released: Mani

KOTTAYAM: Kerala Congress (M) chairman and Finance Minister K M Mani has said that there has been conspiracy against the party and the party inquiry commission report in this regard will not be made public, in any case. He was talking to media persons after an emergency steering committee meeting of the party. 

“The party appointed the in-house commission to trace the source of the conspiracy. The investigation is going on…it is not for publication and there is no need for it as it is an internal problem of the party,” Mani said. 

Mani affirmed that there was no bribery involved in bar issue. “It was in the general sense that I had said that I won’t resign even if my name appears in the FIR. Even in the court they may ask whether I have committed any wrong… that means charges made are not confirmed,” said Mani, who added that further course of action, in case his name appears in  FIR, is yet to be decided. 

“Don’t care about what PC Geroge says. It is I, the chairman who has to voice my party’s stand. Kerla Congress has full trust in me and in the same way UDF is also giving me support. UDF’s stand will be announced by the chief minister  and KPCC president. Nobody should think that they can downgrade me,” he said.

Meanwhile, party vice-chairman PC George said the discussion in the meeting centred on famers’ issue. 

No comments: