George hits out at Mani

KOTTAYAM: Chief Whip P C George Tuesday fired another salvo at Finance Minister K M Mani, facing bribery charges in the bar scam. Only Mani is of the opinion that the Kerala Congress party is in the land, said George while talking to the media. The scandal against the minister has dragged the party into a sea of crisis and Mani should make it clear as to who is responsible for bringing the party to such a situation, George said.

George said, “Anybody can take over the post of the chief whip. Those opposing me are corruptors. There are many who want me to take VRS. Anybody who wants to leave can easily go. Those who burnt my effigy are not staunch congress activists. I will always be a Kerala Congress activist. I refused to attend the reception accorded to Mani as I didn’t want anybody to tease me.”

He also attacked Chief Minister Oommen Chandy by saying that he is an intelligent person who even controlled K Karunakaran. 

No comments: