Saritha hands over to Solar Commission evidence including pen drive

KOCHI: Solar case accused Saritha S Nair has handed over more evidence including the pen drive to the Solar Commission. She informed the Commission that the sealed cover contained the pen drive and she had more evidence with her.  “Within three days, I shall give other evidence to the Commission through my advocate. I am also not willing to make them public,” said Saritha. It was her second submission of evidence in sealed cover.

Saritha told the Commission that the complaint given to the DGP against ADGP Padmakumar is true. “In the complaint my statement was not recorded by the police. During the arrest, my laptop and pen drive were confiscated. But this was not submitted in the court. Perumbavoor DySP arrested me at the behest of Padmakumar,” she said.   

Saritha said she had no role in the formation of team solar. “I don’t know Biju Radhakrishnan’s original name or qualifications. He had told me that he had received doctorate from Kuala Lumpur University. I also had not invested any money in the solar company. Biju had given Rs 6 lakh towards the salary of the Team solar staff. He had not consulted me before staring the company. He was the one who managed the company and looked after its finance,” she added.         

Meanwhile, Commission chairman Justice Sivarajan said there would be delay in the submission of final report in the case as more information are coming out day by day. “Under this circumstances, more persons will have to be summoned. There is no point in scribbling down something and submitting it in a cover to the government,” he said.

No comments: