If VS goes for Vanavasam, I shall also resign: Vellapally

ALAPPUZHA: Giving a tit-for-tat reply to Opposition leader VS Achuthanandan’s remark that SNDP yogam general secretary Vellapally Natesan should resign, the latter has said he would do so if the communist leader relinquished his political positions and go for political ‘vanavasa’ (forest stay).

“I can’t resign as and when VS wishes for it since it is not he who gave me my post in the SNDP yogam. When those who elected me demand my resignation, I shall do that,” Vellapally told media persons while coming out of a polling station on Thursday.  

Vellappally said VS was levelling allegations against him on the basis of mere hearsays. Microfinance is a solace for many number of women. VS could only damage his image by drawing their wrath while criticising Microfinance. “His allegations are that of a person who is currently trying to save his son from a case.”

Regarding Swami Saswathikananda’s case, he said his stand had not changed from the earlier one. “Howsoever the government harass me and my family, my stand will not change,” he added.      
          
Vellapally said there was no alliance between BJP and SNDP in the election and in reply to another question he said at local level there could be alliances among Congress, Communist and BJP.

No comments: