Permission for legal action against me will be granted in a jiffy: Chandy

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: Chief Minister Oommen Chandy has said that if anybody seeks permission for legal action against him, it will be granted in the very next moment. At a press conference here on Monday, Chandy was responding to the questions regarding the reports that DGP Jacob Thomas had given a letter to the chief secretary for legal action against the chief minister.

 “I don’t know whether Jacob Thomas had given the letter to the chief secretary Jiji Thomson. Yesterday also I met Jiji but he didn’t say anything. And, in case, permission is sought, it will be given in the very next moment,” Oommen Chandy said.
Chandy said: When I said that I knew how to discipline officials, I said that in a positive sense. What I’m asking is whether Kerala shouldn’t develop. Flats are necessary but I will not make any compromise in its safety factors.    

Chandy also took exception to SNDP Yogam general secretary Vellapally Natesan’s “communally sensitive” speeches. “I have harshly criticised Natesan’s remarks. I don’t have any soft attitude towards him. I have received complaints against him. The home secretary and the chief secretary will take appropriate action as per law.”

In reply to Natesan’s remarks that government gives compensation only to Muslims or Christians, Chandy mentioned past instances when the government rendered financial aid to the needy irrespective of caste, religion or politics.     

“Corruption is different from corruption charge. The Opposition need not threaten the government by levelling corruption charges. What happened to the allegations made over National Games and Vizhinjam project? Nothing is heard about that now. Even Mani resigned on his own, respecting Court’s suggestion and not because of allegations,” said Chandy, who added that he didn’t own any flat at Pattoor.

No comments: