Gold given to me was for temple works: Jeweller Raju

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: Giving a new twist to the controversy over Amicus curiae report on Padmanabha Swamy temple, jeweller Raju has said that Uthradom Thirunal Marthandavarma had appointed him for gold-related temple works and on that account gold was given to him.     

While talking to a TV channel on Saturday, Raju asserted that the gold given was solely for temple works. “17kg gold and ‘Sharappoli’ necklace were handed over to me. The gold was used to plate the roof of ‘Ashtadik palakas’. The Amicus curiae saw and was thoroughly convinced about that,” he said.    

He said no contract was signed before undertaking the work. “After assigning a work, the raja would handover gold to me. I don’t know whether he had followed any procedures for getting a job done. Anyhow, I have not taken gold outside,” he said

Referring to his revelation on illegal transportation of gold to Tanjavur he said: “ What I had told the Amicus curiae was just based on rumours I had heard.”

Raju also added that “what is now appearing in the media is not what exactly I had told the Amicus curiae.”

No comments: