No longer to become a ‘suicide bomber’ for Left, says Cherian Philip

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM:  I will no longer become a ‘suicide bomber’ for the CPM in the assembly polls, said LDF fellow-traveller Cherian Philip. I was defeated thrice after contesting as a LDF independent in UDF bastions.

Philip posted in his Facebook page that he deserves and has the right to obtain a winning seat.
This was mentioned in his autobiography ‘Idanazhikallil’ published in Kerala Shabdam magazine. Titled Rashtreejeevi, the last chapter said that he is not interested in becoming a suicide bomber after contesting from a constituency which doesn’t have a winning chance. I was defeated thrice after contesting from a constituency which doesn’t have a winning chance. As a politician active since last 15 years, I am entitled and has the right to get a winning seat. It is my prestige issue to win at least once so as to change the stigma of losing always. I am waiting for the last chance. When I left congress in 2001, I did not seek a winning seat but after five years, just raised a minimum demand.

Defeat was sure before filing nominations at Kallooppara in 2006 and at Vattiyoorkkavu in 2011 as those constituencies were weak for the CPM. Opponents like Oommen Chandy, Joseph M Puthusseri and K Muraleedharan were mightiest on political and social reasons.

No comments: