Award winning story was stolen one: Najeem Koya

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: A controversy has started over the story of the film Kattum Mazhayum that had helped director Harikumar win the best story writer award.

Script writer Najeem Koya has alleged that the story of the film Kattum Mazhayum was the one he had told to Harikumar in 2003. ‘Friday' script writer said he would take legal action for cheating and give a complaint to Fefka. 

"Harikumar had approached me for a story like that of the film Friday. I told him the story and later I came to know that he got Santhosh Echikanam to write that story for the film. I gave a complaint to Fefka and after that Harikumar , Santhosh and I made an agreement that I would be paid Rs 25000 as compensation and my name will also be published on cinema posters of the film. But the agreement conditions were flouted," Koya said.

No comments: